The Armor Upgrades is a new feature that the Metalworker introduces. It allows player to upgrade their Pre-Hard Mode armor to a much more powerful version. The armor he is able to upgrade is all the basic armors that fall between Copper and Platinum. In order to upgrade a set of Armor, the player must have the full suit of the said armor. Of course, it will cost money.
|Armor to upgrade||Price||Result|
|Copper Armor||30||Copper Armor (Upgraded)|
|Tin Armor||32 50||Tin Armor (Upgraded)|
|Iron Armor||1 20||Iron Armor (Upgraded)|
|Lead Armor||1 80||Lead Armor (Upgraded)|
|Silver Armor||3||Silver Armor (Upgraded)|
|Tungsten Armor||3 60||Tungsten Armor (Upgraded)|
|Gold Armor||6||Gold Armor (Upgraded)|
|Platinum Armor||7 20||Platinum Armor (Upgraded)|
- "Ancient Durin's Armor? Oh, my father taught me how to forge that one, it's quite a masterpiece!"
- "I've been working metal all my life! You could say that I'm experieced."
- "Even though I have a Dwarfish name, I'm actually not! I was raised by Dwarves."
- "Want armor? By damn you will have it, then!"
- "That damn Merchant with all his cheap wares. Purchase items from me if you want good quality merchandising!" (Only if the Merchant is present)
- "High quality armor will get you farther than the Wizard's pathetic magic tricks!"(Only if Wizard is present)
- "Why is everything red and why are all the females angry?" (Only if Blood Moon is present)
- "Where's the damn sun!?" (If Solar Eclipse is present)
- The names "Flói," "Óin," and "Darblifind" may be a reference to the popular Lord of the Rings series.
- The Metalworker appears to dislike the Merchant and appears to be suspicious of the Wizard.